Folgers is America’s #1 coffee brand in retail. Find available coupons and deals! Folgers specially roasts and grinds each Mountain Grown bean, delivering pot after pot of rich flavors and aromas. Pure coffee satisfaction.
Where can I buy Folgers Coffee?
Folgers coffee products are sold in grocery stores, drug stores and other large chain retail stores. To find a store near you, please check the online Product Locator. Simply choose your favorite Folgers product and type in your zip code for a list of area stores that carry the product. If no stores are currently listed, you can speak with your local store manager about carrying your favorite Folgers coffee product. You can also order Folgers coffee online by visiting the Smucker’s Online Store or by calling 1-800-742-6729 to reach customer service representatives, who will be happy to help. Orders placed through the Smucker’s Online Store can be shipped within the continental United States.
What is the shelf life of Folgers coffee?
All Folgers packages include “best by” date information to help make sure you have the freshest coffee experience possible. Folgers does not recommend using Folgers coffee that is past this expiration date because they cannot guarantee the same taste, quality and performance. To keep unopened ground coffee fresh after you bring it home, store it in the refrigerator with the lid tightly closed to help retain its freshness and use it before the “best by” date. Whole bean coffee can be used for up to six to 12 months if kept frozen in an airtight container.
What is the best way to brew ground and whole bean coffee?
The general rule is to add one level tablespoon of ground coffee per cup. For example, six tablespoons of ground coffee would be recommended for making six cups. If using whole bean, please keep in mind that you will need to first grind the coffee according to the type of coffeemaker to be used in preparation (automatic drip, percolator, French press, etc.). Next, use fresh, cold water, typically adding 6 fluid oz. per cup of coffee. Hot water has a tendency to carry minerals and/or buildup from inside water pipes, which could affect the taste of the brewed coffee. It’s also important to clean your coffeemaker. Consult your coffeemaker’s user manual for the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions. If cleaning instructions are not readily available, you can use distilled white vinegar for cleaning your coffeemaker. Fill the water reservoir with vinegar and run it through the brewing cycle once. Then, rinse the coffeemaker thoroughly with two cycles of plain water.
Here are some additional tips to help you get the perfect cup of coffee:
1. Don’t boil or reheat coffee. It cooks out all of the delicate flavors and leaves a bitter taste.
2. Don’t leave coffee on the burner. The coffee begins to caramelize and will smell “off.” For best results, serve immediately or store in a thermal carafe.
3. Never mix old coffee grounds with new coffee grounds.
What is the difference between Folgers Classic Roast, Folgers Breakfast Blend, 100% Colombian, Gourmet Supreme, French Roast, and Folgers Special Roast Coffees?
Folgers offers a variety of different roasts from mild and smooth to bold and robust. Here is a quick guide to help you find the perfect coffee blend for you:
Country Roast: Mild-Roast coffee with flavor profile of a Medium- to Medium-Dark-Roast.
Folgers Breakfast Blend: Mild-Roast coffee with a smooth, mellow flavor.
Folgers Classic Roast: Medium-Roast coffee with a rich, pure taste that is balanced and smooth. Also available in decaf.
Folgers Special Roast: Medium-Roast coffee with a complex and full-bodied taste.
100% Colombian: Medium-Dark-Roast coffee. Rich and uniquely flavorful 100% Arabica coffee beans.
French Roast: Medium-Dark-Roast coffee with a hardy flavor.
Gourmet Supreme: Dark-Roast coffee that is bold and robust.
My coffee tastes bitter or burnt. What can cause that taste?
There are a number of factors that can give coffee an off-taste including reheating and overheating brewed coffee and improper storage.
Here are some tips to consider:
1. Don’t leave brewed coffee sitting on the heating element for too long, as the coffee will begin to caramelize and smell “off”. We recommend keeping brewed coffee in a thermal container if it has remained on the warmer for longer than 15 minutes.
2. Don’t reheat coffee, as the reheating process cooks out the delicate flavors leaving the bitter taste.
Check to see if the grind level correctly matches the brewing method. Coffee ground for an automatic drip but used in a percolator, for example, might taste bitter.
3. For whole beans, the level of grinding can affect the flavor. Coffee ground too fine or not fine enough, can be too bitter or lack flavor.
Improper storage can result in coffee that has an off flavor. Coffee should be kept refrigerated and tightly sealed. And make sure to use the coffee before its “best by” date.
4. Try changing to a lighter roast coffee. Darker-roasted coffees typically have a more bitter, full-bodied flavor.
What causes the can to bulge? Is it safe to use?
Yes, it is safe to use. This bulging can happen when the coffee is packaged under higher-than-usual pressure. As the coffee releases its aroma, the protective seal can expand. You can be assured the coffee still will have that wonderful Folgers flavor and aroma.
Here are some helpful tips for opening the container:
As with any vacuumed product, hold it away from your eyes.
Prick the inner seal with the tip of a knife, and you’ll hear a “whoosh” sound.
Wait a few seconds for that sound to stop, then continue opening. Enjoy!
Is Simply Smooth a “low-acid” coffee?
While it is not a low-acid coffee, Folgers Simply Smooth is specially blended and carefully roasted to reduce certain irritants associated with stomach discomfort. Folgers Simply Smooth is gentle to the stomach, while providing the great Mountain Grown® taste and aroma of Folgers coffee.
Is there anything I should know about reusing coffee?
In order to guarantee the best taste and quality, Folgers does not recommend that you reuse the coffee grinds or reheat leftover coffee, as it will not taste the same. Also, they recommend against reusing coffee filters, as they tend to absorb the leftover stale flavors and are prone to tearing, which allows grounds to pass through into your coffee.
What are Folgers K-Cup Packs?
K-Cup Packs are single-servings of ground coffee supplied in a prepared, single-serve coffee pack and designed specifically for use with a Keurig Brewer. Watch our demo to learn how K-Cup Packs can help you brew the perfect cup of Folgers coffee in less than a minute using a Keurig Brewer.
How can I find Folgers Coupons?
From time to time, Folgers offers coupons for Folgers coffee products in Redplum coupon inserts delivered in the newspaper or by mail and through online coupon sites such as coupons dot com. They also partner with local retailers and grocery stores to provide coupons either in-store, through their advertising circulars or on their websites. You also may be interested in registering for the Folgers Wakin’ Up Club. Register now to receive e-mails with Folgers promotions, coupons and other exclusive content. To be among the first to know about the latest Folgers news and offers, you also can find them on Facebook at facebook.com/folgers.
I prefer to brew a single cup of coffee, instead of a full pot. What Folgers products are available in singe-serve portions?
Folgers offers a number of single-cup brewing options. You can try Folgers K-Cup Packs, which are specifically designed for use with the Keurig Brewer. Folgers Filter Packs coffee brews a single-cup of coffee for use in a standard coffeemaker. Finally, Folgers also offer Folgers Instant Coffee single-serve packets.
How should I store my Folgers Coffee?
Properly storing your Folgers coffee will help you preserve the best flavor. Folgers recommends storing Folgers ground coffee in the refrigerator with the lid tightly closed. You can store Folgers Instant Coffee in the refrigerator or at room temperature, but the lid should be sealed tightly. Whole Bean coffee should also be kept in an airtight container and can be stored at room temperature. Whole Bean coffee can also be kept frozen for up to 12 months. For more information, please click here.
What nutritional information is available for Folgers Coffee?
All Folgers products follow the Nutrition Facts labeling regulations set forth by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Under these regulations, Folgers product packaging is not required to include nutritional information, as the nutrients of coffee are considered “insignificant” if it has less than one gram of carbohydrates, dietary fiber and protein per serving, if all nutrients required in Nutrition Facts can be declared as zero, and if no nutrition claims are made on the label.
Are Folgers coffee containers recyclable?
Folgers AromaSeal container and its snap-tight lid are recyclable.
Do Folgers products contain gluten?
Coffee is not a source of gluten, and Folgers roast and ground coffee items are produced in a dedicated facility where no other types of agricultural crops are handled or processed; however, due to the use of common equipment within the agricultural community to harvest, store and transport crops, our roast and ground products may contain trace amounts of grain-based ingredients. Additionally, Folgers flavored coffee products may contain added ingredients that are not gluten free.
There’s no need to leave your home to get that coffeehouse feel and flavor of a cappuccino. It’s easy to make your favorite specialty coffee drinks using Folgers French Roast coffee.
Use these steps or print them to keep as a guide.
1. First, steam the milk. Heat 1 cup of milk in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Let the milk simmer until bubbles form around the edges, but don’t boil the milk. Remove the pan from heat and set it on a flat surface.
2. Next, whip the milk with an electric mixer, increasing the speed as the milk begins to thicken. Continue mixing until you get the desired volume of froth.
3. Now, make the coffee. Measure 2 tablespoons of grounds for 5 to 6 ounces of water. Try using Folgers French Roast Coffee. You can brew the coffee in an automatic drip coffeemaker or a French press.
4. Now, make the cappuccino! A classic cappuccino calls for 1/3 espresso, 1/3 steamed milk, and 1/3 foam. You can mix it up by using 2 or 3 tablespoons of flavored syrups or even different kinds of milk, like chocolate or vanilla.
Steaming and frothing milk at home is a simple process with the help of these tips and instructions:
1. The type of milk you use is up to you, but keep in mind that the fat is what provides flavor and texture. Whole milk offers the best results, 2% is the best standard, and skim milk foams quickly, but often results in dry, stiff peaks.
2. Soy milk, vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry-flavored milk also can be used.
3. Always prepare the frothed milk prior to brewing your coffee, since heated milk will last longer than fresh espresso. You also can keep either or both in a coffee carafe while assembling the drinks.
4. Stove-top instructions: Heat 1 cup milk (whole, 2%, 1%, or skim) in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat just until milk bubbles around the edges. Do not boil. Remove unit from heat. Place on flat surface. Next, whip milk with an electric mixer, increasing speed as milk begins to thicken. Continue beating until foam doubles or reaches desired volume. Steamed milk will settle to the bottom. Foam will rise to the top.